Some Eye-Opening Facts about Shut-Eye
Do you have trouble sleeping? Are you tired of getting advice that doesn't work? A good mattress and base can certainly be part of the solution, but working on habits that may be contributing to your restlessness is also a necessary thing. After all, don't you want to make the most out of what you spend 1/3 of your life doing (a.k.a. sleeping)?
Here are the facts behind some common sleep myths:
- You Can't Catch Up on or Bank Sleep: Getting a consistent 7 to 8 hours per night is crucial because you cannot bank sleep hours for later.
- Aging Does not Equal Less Sleep Needs: Everyone needs the same amount of hours per sleep no matter your age.
- Everyone Dreams: Not everyone remembers them, but everyone dreams.
- Firm Mattresses Are Not the Cure for Back Pain: Try out a variety of mattresses; firmer does not always mean better for pain.
- Double Up on Mattress and Base: Having an old box spring or worn bed under your mattress will wear it unevenly and compromise the effectiveness of the mattress, possibly even damaging it. Get a new base if you don't have one to go along with your mattress purchase. It will all last longer and provide better comfort.
Read about other myths and the facts behind them here: